I hereby prescribe to a life lived in the constant pursuit of my interests; to follow my curiosities diligently, thoroughly, and with the upmost regard. I pledge a life to the cultivation – not coveting – of knowledge, and that my thirst for learning may never be satisfied. May I choose a life lived lightly, a life lived creatively, a life lived in peace of heart and mind and soul. May I act a little selfishly, may I dream a life with purpose, and may I finish strong and with a smile. –Ten Month Journal, June 20, 2016
Personal Mission Statement:
I, Bethany N. Bella, will employ my interdisciplinary education to connect people and the places in which they live.
I will inspire environmental awareness in communities across the country.
I will harness positivity for both mental and physical holistic health gains — for myself and others.
I will remain true to my knowledge and my feelings — utilizing intuition and intelligence together to inform all of my life choices. (updated Spring 2019)
Who I Am:
- I will never relinquish my own interests for the sake of profit, party, or other persons.
- I like words, especially how communication drives human interactions.
- But I also crave visuals. Imagery and video can empower us, and I’ve seen how digital storytelling can move people to change, to feel, or to create something new.
- I am passionate about redefining our relationship with our environment and want to inspire others to engage in a new land ethic concerning our their planet, resources, and impacted communities.
- I am comfortable being uncomfortable — I enjoy reaching beyond my comfort zone, trying out new skills and traveling (near and far) to gain new experiences.
- I need time to slow down, to reflect, if I need it.
- I desire to interact with communities and ecosystems, on a daily basis.
- I will continue to produce my own original content — blog posts, articles, videos, poems, photo essays, books, research or some combination of the like. I’m a creative, right-brained individual down to my core, and I can’t be without a project for long.
- I always want to keep learning — in both conventional and unconventional opportunities.
- I want the chance to travel, national and international, to experience new adventures and learn from others on an annual basis.
- Perhaps, most importantly of all, it is my hope to inspire young women to follow their own dreams— regardless of the anticipated obstacles ahead.
“After all this time,
who would you be today?
who would you still want to be tomorrow?
who would you still need to be tomorrow?
that answer is simple, simply because it’s
nobody but you.” –Nobody but you, February 17, 2017